[BITList] Fwd: Britain from Above | Rescue the Past

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 22 12:07:08 BST 2012

Mike,

I was introduced to this site a few weeks back.  Zooming in is permitted if
one registers (free).  There are excellent photos of this town (Port
Glasgow) taken in 1931 and 1932.  I believe the aim of the site is that
users should ID photos that need ID, and give information on those that
don't.  Some care is needed when entering a search name, eg, Port Glasgow
gets me near 1,000 pictures containing Port and/or Glasgow. Half the PGlw
photos are captioned as being of the Port Glasgow and Newark Sailcloth Mill,
so I enter Sailcloth.  In fact, the photos show near 50% of the town.