[BITList] An osprey in action

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Sat Jul 7 20:08:57 BST 2012

An osprey in action       Subject:  An  osprey in action
      ct

          This is truly incredible video. I can't believe  this Osprey got 5-6 fish at a time, then got a  flounder under 3' of water, and then made off with what  looks to be a 5+ lb. steelhead. I've never seen a bird shake water off like a dog  does – wouldn't want to get in the  way of him when he's got his eyes locked and his talons  in the "load" position!

          There  are 3 sequences in this one  video:

          1st  sequence he catches half a dozen fish in one  strike.

          2nd  sequence he plunges talons into deep water right to the  bottom to grab his  prey.

          3rd  sequence he captures a big old fish that  looks as if it  weighs more than he does!

          This is  incredible to watch (best viewed in full  screen mode)...enjoy!

          http://www.youtube.com/embed/nA3LtXnNIto?feature=player_embedded