[BITList] Townsville - Seven ships in the roads waiting for a berth in the port

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Thu Jan 26 00:45:03 GMT 2012

There are 7 vessels in the roads off Townsville.

One of them hasn't got her transponder switched on.

See…

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?&zoom=13&centerx=146.832&centery=-19.249

They may not all be there by the time you open this email and have a look.

Click on the ? mark to see information and a photo of each vessel.

The most that I have ever seen waiting for a berth is 8.

This photo was taken on my small Canon 210 at maximum zoom from our house on the back verandah.

Today is Australia Day, when we welcome new migrants to our country. The flag raising in Canberra takes place on a large flag pole presented by Canada. The Australian Flag flies there every day - except Canada day, when the Canadian flag is raised.