[BITList] An American explains cricket

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Jan 24 10:11:16 GMT 2012

If you've traveled to any of the Commonwealth nations, you've likely
encountered cricket on television or in the newspapers. You may have even
gotten stuck in a conversation about it while having no clue what anyone is
saying. Heck, you might have even played it...poorly. Americans don't
understand cricket. Is it like baseball? What's a wicket? Why does a match
take so many days? Thankfully, one America has taken it upon himself to help
us all learn about the game. Sit back, relax and let comedian Reginald D.
Hunter explain the ins and outs of cricket. I think you'll see that it's a
lot simpler than you feared.

American comedian Reg D Hunter adds his own commentary to a typical game of
local cricket - and tells us exactly how it is, laughing at the folly
attached to the such a terribly British affair. 'There is no way these men
can call themselves athletes but, like their wives, we will humour them.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=83oa1S0x9zI