[BITList] Somebody That I Used to Know

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 21 17:19:28 GMT 2012

Malcolm,

It's impressive coordination, but the tune rather lends itself to that treatment - it only has two themes. I've seen a video of two guitarists playing pretty hairy stuff on one guitar.  The two percussionists at the ends are in nobody's way, and the chap playing the same bass line over and over is only on the lowest string - nobody else is playing it, so he has a free hand.  That leaves the lady and the man on her right. It is impossible for two guitarists to play different notes on the same string on one guitar at the same time, so they must be playing different strings. How they are doing that I cannot say.  That's where the real coordination is taking place.

Hugh