[BITList] Australian Pacific Highway and Google Maps.

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 6 20:18:47 GMT 2012

John,

When last we had a car that ran, much of the pleasure to be had from a journey to strange places lay in the planning of it - get out the latest OS maps and a sheet of paper and a pencil, and make out a detailed set of instructions for the co-driver with mileages and odometer readings.  It never failed, and my diaries still have rough versions in them.  Who in his/her right mind needs SatNav, as opposed to wanting it?