[BITList] trad jazz n homicides

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Sun Jan 1 18:51:10 GMT 2012

    Have you noticed what a strange place new orleans is.......................?

    we have an exuberant Hugh Laurie gushing about the delights [for him] of new orleans, and then we have this in today’s local newspaper!

    Already America's unquestioned murder capital, New Orleans saw homicides jump by 14 percent last year, ending the year with 199 killings. For the previous three years, the murder rate in New Orleans had stabilized at around 175 killings a year. Even that number was a staggering amount that gave New Orleans the highest per-capita murder rate in the country by a comfortable margin. The uptick this year will likely place New Orleans far ahead of other cities with serious crime and homicide problems.