[BITList] Fwd: Allegra passengers washing with bottled water - Telegraph

Michael Feltham ismay at mjfeltham.plus.com
Wed Feb 29 23:22:16 GMT 2012

Doesn't your heart bleed for these poor folk !

On my last ship as C/O in Denholms we loaded Iron Ore in Buchanan, Liberia.  At the end of loading, I had half an hour to get washed and changed before I left the ship to fly home.  I came off the deck covered in dust, fortunately for me the C/E's wife gave me a bucket of water to sluice myself down before dressing and leaving in the Pilot's launch.   There was no FW aboard.  As soon as they got Full Away they would start producing water for the voyage to the States !

Mike