[BITList] THE SILENT MAJORITY

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 29 07:18:29 GMT 2012

Don't know for sure who wrote this but I most certainly agree with the
contents and sentiments
frank

*Subject:* THE  SILENT MAJORITY

This seems  to put into words what I ˆ and I am sure many others of  the
silent majority ˆ think!  It was written by Mrs  Jenny Bell of South
Australia to Julia Gillard and Tony  Abbott:

To  Julia Gillard  (Prime Minister) & Tony Abbott (Leader of the
Opposition) ...

You BOTH Worry me ! ( In fact  both of your Political parties worry the
hell out of me  !!!)

Over the last three years, I find myself  becoming more and more fearful
of the pair of you, and  between you, you are turning this country into
a place  that I no longer feel at home in, or feel a part of! I  watch
you in parliament, and no, not just the two of  you, but every
politician that I see, stand up in  parliament sneering at each other,
and acting like  children !!! (..and if you were my children, I would
be  ashamed of you all ... What an example to  set!)

Although you would like us all to believe  that you are putting the
needs of this country at the  forefront, NEITHER of you are doing that,
you seem more  interested in "one-up-manship ", in scoring off each
otherand denigrating each other, to the  detriment of this country & its
people  !!!
It seems to be all  about YOU as individuals, and not about what you can
DO  for this country !It is fast  becoming a place that I do not
recognize, as the place I  always thought, was the best place in the
world to be  !!!

But no longer !!!   You are not  listening to the people of this country
!!!Here in South Australia , your   counterparts are afflicted with the
same disease - is it  endemic in all politicians ?

I am watching the  deterioration of living standards in this country,
(and  according to you, on a world stage we are doing better  than most
countries ... REALLY ???) ... And yet the gap  is widening between the
"haves"  and the  "have-nots" .  I see our homeless on the streets,  our
hospitals under-funded and understaffed, our health  system is an
absolute mess and a disgrace ... And yet I  see multi-millions of
dollars being sent off shore in  aid to other countries, before
attending to this  country's needs !

I see the "selling off of the  farm", in large amounts, to foreign
interests, (In Every  State ) including water rights to foreign
interests  as well.  WHY???
Especially when  you go to great lengths to tell us that water is a
finite resource  and supposedly,  we must  ALL be careful how we use it,
so that we ensure we have  it for the future ?

Foreign interests  "Fracking"  for coal seam gas and riding rough shod
over farmers' rights to their own land, AND USING  QUESTIONABLE
CHEMICALS. (You don't even KNOW what  chemicals they use), possibly
causing damage to the  water table  in the process  !!!

These  foreign interests I believe, do NOT have to pay anything  in
royalties back to this country for the first five  years of their
tenure  ... IS THIS CORRECT  ???

A Carbon Tax,(which you KNOW  is just  another tax with a "Starting
Point dollar value")   which will make NO appreciable difference to
carbon  emissions, AT ALL!

A tax, which in spite of  all your arguments for it, you are doing
alone, when  other major countries will NOT & DO NOT embrace it,  or
believe in it   !
All that it will  do for this country is put working families and small
businesses behind the eight ball, .....what planet are  you on, if you
think that your few hundred dollars a  year,  will make even a scrap of
difference to the  effect of the carbon tax on people ?Blind Freddy can
see the holes in that argument !!! Do you _really _think we are  that
dumb ???

The CONVOY  OF NO CONFIDENCE was real !!! ..and I haven't spoken to
even ONE person, who would not have liked to be there if  they could,
but the tyranny of distance and/or work was  the only thing that kept
them away,  ( myself  included ), .. and you KNOW that only a part of
the  convoy was actually allowed to be in front of Parliament  house and
ON VIEW ... the rest were streets away,  unreported by the media !

For Mr Albanese to  stand up in parliament,  and call it "THE CONVOY OF
NO CONSEQUENCE ", in his sneering tone, shows just how  out of touch
with the people of Australia , you really  are !!!!  WE WOULD HAVE _ALL
LIKED TO  HAVE____BE THERE  !!!
_
_DEFENCE  ........_ Because Americans are our Allies, and we  support
them in Wars, ......... Korea , Vietnam , Iraq ,  Afghanistan , .....
and you have sent our soldiers to  those places, and our soldiers fought
for you, and for  Australia ........ some coming home with terrible
physical injuries, and some with devastating Mental  Injuries as well
..... BUT WHERE ARE YOU, WHEN _THEY  NEED YOU ?????
_
Veteran's Indexation to CPI  only is a disgrace ... and is something
YOUR Labor party  Julia, used as an election sweetener, to get the
Veteran's Vote ... BUT YOU LIED (Again) ! You never had  any intention
of honouring your election promise to them  ... and it WILL come back to
bite you at the next  election !!!! (And Tony, Liberals were NO BETTER,
Howard  had more than 10 years to "fix it " and didn't  !)

Veterans are not alone, they have families,  friends and supporters, who
are heartily sick of the  deception your party perpetrated on them
....AND THEY  ALL VOTE !!!!

THEY are your obligation, first and  foremost ..... and it is not your
first obligation to  give aid to every man and his dog fromoverseas
first !!!  Look after  your own FIRST !!!! Is this what you call
SALUTING THEIR  SERVICE ???

Have you any idea , how sickening it  is for our Vets to see you both, (
Labor or Liberal )  turn up to the funerals of our current young vets
for a  photo opportunity, to  be seen to be "caring " in  the public
eye, but only to turn your backs on them  all  when they need you ???
(Just ask Breanna  Till  an Afghanistan Soldier's  wife, how  CARING
this government is !!!)

And in light of  what you DON'T do  for our Vets .......Let's talk
about Multiculturalism ......People have come here from  other
countries, for a better life, for more years than  I have been alive  (
I am 65 years old !) ... my  own family migrated here in 1883, from
Germany, and did  find a better life  ...
Pre & Post war  immigrants have came for a better life, and settled in
and become wonderful  contributors to this country, as did those who
came here  after the Vietnam War,  ... all have contributed to  the rich
diversity of this country, and some descendants  have even fought FOR
this country, and they have become  Australians and were glad to be
..and they had NO  handouts from our Government either, ...they worked
hard  for everything!

I have never before had a problem  with all, or any race of immigrants
coming here  ... However , I DO NOW !!!

Please tell me why we  have  areas  like  Lakemba, where police  do NOT,
& will NOT go, for fear of their life  ?
Please tell me why we can no longer have religion  in schools, for fear
of "OFFENDING" someone ? (The  latest little gem is that they are not
having, or being  funded, for  "Chaplains " any more , but  "Counsellors "?)
Please tell me why religious  Christmas observances are no longer
allowed in some  schools for fear of OFFENDING someone ?
Please tell  me HOW Christmas decorations in some stores might OFFEND
someone ?
Please tell me why we have to have  segregated days in some swimming
centres, for fear of  "OFFENDING" someone ?
Please tell me why we have some  RADICAL clerics demanding Sharia Law in
this country ...  when if we were in THEIR country, this would NEVER be
allowed ?
Please tell me why our laws need to be  changed, so as not to OFFEND
someone ?
Please tell me  why we are fast becoming a MINORITY voice, in our own
country, because of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS ?
Please  tell me WHY Australians cannot legally wear a face  covering
bike helmet into a bank ..and yet it is ok to  wear a Burqa which covers
the whole face ?
And please  tell me WHY, when those people who want asylum here, can
wreck our detention centres, as in Villawood and STILL  be accepted here ?

SO , in light of the  above, WILL BOTH OF YOU ......Please tell me WHY,
when  some of our Vietnam Veterans FINALLY received (in the  last 6
months) the recognition that they should have had  after the Vietnam
War, (and which they received from the  USA & South Vietnam,  during and
immediately  after the Vietnam War), that the families of those
Veterans,  were refused assistance by this  Government, to attend that
award ceremony, and yet this  Government ...._flew, accommodated_ _and
even  took on bus tours _, the families of asylum seekers,  after the
funerals of those who were killed in the boat  which sunk off Christmas
Island ?

What does that  say,  about just who are this government's  priorities ?

The Australian people that I speak  to have genuine concerns about
becoming a second class  minority in our own country and the reasons
for  it,  are some of the above,  ..... Are you so  blind that you
cannot see this ?

And no , I am  NOT racist !!!..(if I did not like Catholics or
Protestants would I be considered racist ?) Of course  not !

Why is it, that if we object to what is  happening in our country ... we
are immediately labelled  RACIST, in an attempt to shut us up ?

We are  fighting Radical Muslims, in Afghanistan & Iraq, are  we not ?I
hear you say, yes but the Muslims we have here  are "Not like that " ..
well how would we know ? ...do  we hear ANY of them coming out &
speaking AGAINST  radicals ??  I haven't ...have you ???

Islam  is not compatible with ANY of the values that we hold  here in
Australia ! .....Are not the experiences of  Britain , France , and the
Netherlands an example of  that?   Why do you think it would be any
different here ?  We even have an Australian born  "radical ", whose
message is that Australia WILL become  a Muslim country, under Sharia
Law, & that we had  "better get used to it ".

Will both of you grow  some "Balls ", and start sticking up for this
country  and its people ???

We are the people who put you  where you are, and PAY you to look after
our interests !  ... And you are NOT doing that by any stretch of the
imagination !!!

I would appreciate an answer from  both of you, if only to convince me
that once again, I  am not talking to a brick wall !!!!!

In case it  has escaped both of you ...I would like to remind you  that
in Australia the Government ... is FOR THE PEOPLE,  OF THEPEOPLE,  AND
BY THE PEOPLE ...Never forget that......because you  sure have up till
now !!!

Mrs Jenny Bell
20  Helene St
Nuriootpa