[BITList] Fwd: Lower Blood Pressure in 3 Hours with Home-made Juice

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 26 08:04:16 GMT 2012

And what did I buy yesterday but some V8 vegetable juice that contains a lot of beetroot juice. Nothing to do with HBP, I just fancied some of it. If you wait long enough, anything edible becomes the latest risk to health - beetroot juice will have its turn, as will brown bread and fish.

Beta blockers do have problems, however - I was on them for a few weeks before the doctor and I agreed, on a  re-examination of the evidence, that I had been taking them for white coat syndrome. By then I had flushed them down the toilet.  Unfortunately, even that slight acquaintance with them left me with a slight case of Reynaud's Syndrome, a white finger condition.  People with industrial white finger would laugh at it, but it's sometimes a pain in the arse when three fingers turn white in a hot shower, or I have to take my gloves off on a cold day to let two of my fingers warm up. It's never the thumbs or the middle fingers.  Alice Through the Looking Glass ain't in it.  Another possibility with beta blockers is beta blocker poisoning, where the pulse and blood pressure become lowered below what is desirable. Quite a versatile medicine if we believe all we read about it. I understand some musicians take them before concerts, and my doc prescribed them for driving test nerves (not to me).  I do recall that, for the short period I was on them, I was able to concentrate more on the music while playing the guitar.