[BITList] BBC News - Narrowing of the American mind?

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Fri Feb 17 22:32:45 GMT 2012

I should first of all declare that I am c of e and not  a catholic [and I have noting particular against them], but I am quite astonished to see in the 21st century how slavishly republican politicians in the USA  adhere to orders emanating from the Vatican with regards to catholic dogma – and how a mob of old guys who shouldn’t have fucked anything in their lives [nuns excepted], have the temerity to have opinions on the role of women in society, and the use of their bodies  – which seem to be oddly in step with the Muslim view of the subservient role of women in society!
I am just waiting for Rick Santorum [yes, the one with 8 kids] to suggest that women should not be given driving licenses [a la Saudi Arabia] in case they get a sudden attack of the vapours while at he wheel of a car!
and yes, some of the American minds are narrowing to accommodate the 19th century..............
ct