[BITList] Update on Cinderella

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Thu Feb 16 12:20:13 GMT 2012

        */Update on Cinderella/*
        *//**//*

        *
        Cinderella  is now 95 years old.

        After  a fulfilling life with the now dead prince,
        she  happily sits upon her rocking chair,  watching
        the  world go by from her front porch, with a  cat
        named  Bob for companionship.

        One  sunny afternoon out of nowhere, appeared  the
        fairy  godmother.
        *
        *

        Cinderella  said, 'Fairy Godmother, what are you
        doing  here after all these years'?

        The  fairy godmother replied, 'Cinderella, you  have
        lived  an exemplary life since I last saw you. Is  there
        anything  for which your heart still yearns?'

        Cinderella  was taken aback, overjoyed, and after some
        thoughtful  consideration, she uttered her first wish:

        'The  prince was wonderful, but not much of an  investor.
        I'm  living hand to mouth on my disability cheques,  and I  wish
        I were wealthy beyond comprehension.
        Instantly  her rocking chair turned into solid gold.

        Cinderella  said,
        'Ooh,  thank you, Fairy Godmother'

        The  fairy godmother replied,
        'It  is the least that I can do.
        What  do you want for your second wish?'

        Cinderella  looked down at her frail body, and said,
        'I  wish I were young and full of the beauty and  youth I  once
        had.'
        *

        *At  once, her wish became reality, and her  beautiful
        young  visage returned. Cinderella  felt stirrings  inside her
        that had been dormant for years.

        And  then the fairy godmother spoke once more:
        'You  have one more wish; what shall it be?'
        *

        *Cinderella  looks over to the frightened cat in the
        corner  and says, 'I wish for you to transform Bob,
        my  old cat, into a kind and handsome young  man.'
        Magically,  Bob suddenly underwent so fundamental
        a  change in his biological make-up that, when he  stood before
        her, he was a man so beautiful the likes of  him neither  she
        nor the world had ever seen.
        The  fairy godmother said,
        'Congratulations,  Cinderella, enjoy your new life.'

        With  a blazing shock of bright blue electricity,
        the  fairy godmother was gone as suddenly as she  appeared.

        For  a few eerie moments,

        Bob  and Cinderella looked into each other's  eyes.
        *

        *Cinderella  sat, breathless, gazing at the most  beautiful,
        stunningly  perfect man she had ever seen.

        Then  Bob walked over to Cinderella, who sat  transfixed in  her
        rocking chair, & held her close in his  young muscular  arms.

        He  leaned in close, blowing her golden hair with  his
        warm  breath as he whispered...

        'Bet  you're sorry now that you cut my nuts off'
        *