[BITList] Immigrants to be banned from taking driving tests inforeign languages

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 16 08:23:31 GMT 2012

So, fraudulent exams - seems OK to halt that.  But people driving who can't read the road signs? Of course we halt that pronto.  Sounds a great idea, and it should be followed world wide.  So how then if the proposers of this want to drive through Albania, or even where they speak Urdu. A quick course and an exam in Albanian or Urdu would be required by local law (without a corrupt translator).   And would there be language proficiency checks by the UK Border Agency at all seaports and airports and other points of entry, lest someone lacking in English arrive here in a vehicle with the intention of driving on a road with road signs in English.  Or am I missing something?