[BITList] Swearing ban at Bootles Hugh Baird College to prepare students for work - Liverpool Local News - News - Liverpool Echo

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 13 20:44:22 GMT 2012

There was never a swearing ban at any school or college I attended - people
just didn't swear while on the premises, certainly not out loud.  In
shipyards and other places men swore a lot, but never in public, or in the
hearing of a woman, or a man they didn't know.  My mother knew a few choice
words when provoked, but I never once heard my father swear at home. Of
course, preparation for work nowadays will be how to sit at a desk in an
open plan office full of people doing likewise and not swearing.