[BITList] NEW migrants should get taxpayer subsidies to visit overseas relatives, an Islamic group has told the Federal Government.

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 13 10:17:28 GMT 2012

David,

I had a close look at my Passport and other documents. According to my Passport, I am a British citizen or British National, in English and Welsh.  My Seaman's ID Card and my Discharge Book leave me none the wiser about my status.  The ID Card still shows me as Hugh Macintyre, I note.  When I took out insurance after joining BI, and produced a birth certificate, it was noted I was registered as McIntyre, and sundry documents had to be changed and stamped with counter-signatures.  The ID Card seems to have been overlooked.  I am OK with British citizen - a pox on British subject.