[BITList] NEW migrants should get taxpayer subsidies to visit overseas relatives, an Islamic group has told the Federal Government.

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Sun Feb 12 15:34:50 GMT 2012

Frank,

Senada Softic-Telalovic has got it about right.

Victorian Multicultural and Citizenship Minister Nick Kotsiras?  I take it this "Victorian" is as in "in Victoria", and not a description of his attitudes. It occurs to me to wonder why any place one would need a Multicultural and Citizenship Minister.  A preoccupation with cultures and citizenship is unhealthy.  A culture is, roughly speaking, what people do freely - the books they read, the music they listen to/perform, etc. It has eff all to do with face colour, moustaches, kinds of headgear, or religion.  Despite my statement above, I haven't a clue what citizenship is.