[BITList] A Python on our driveway this morning

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Feb 7 10:48:33 GMT 2012

>From a correspondent..

This was taken in my mate Horst's (Ex BCL chopper pilot) drive way in Noosa, Qld

Hi there !!!

We are in the tropics - the wildlife does not let us forget this.

Here is what we found this morning on our front driveway, a  4 meter long Python jumping at a small Kangaroo, constricting it until it was dead and then proceeded to swallow it - head first - what a sight - right in front of our eyes -  in front of our door. Here are some photos to show you all the action.

Now the Kangaroo is dead but how to eat it all ?

First it has to be positioned correctly - pulling it off the driveway onto the grass

Now let's hold it tight to get it all in between the jaws

The head of the Kangaroo has now disappeared

The Python has dislocated it's jaws in order to swallow the Kangaroo

I have never been so close to a real wildlife action as this in front of our door

Half way there - head and shoulders gone - the rest is easy.