[BITList] For the guitarists amongst you.

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 2 10:26:42 GMT 2012

Very impressive technique, though the amplification (and possibly a very good instrument with a narrow fret board) helps a lot with the one-hand runs. The classical guitar I play is of a fair standard, it cost me about £500 20 years ago and more - but I play unamplified, and one-hand runs are nowhere on it.  What intrigues me is his constant retuning.  As one comment said, there are tuning devices that do it in semi tone steps, so probably that's it.  Xue fei yang - Colin mentioned her - sometimes adjusts her tuning while playing, but that can only be where she reckons it has drifted.  It does tend to drift.  My son knows tunes that require my guitar to be comprehensively retuned.