[BITList] The Walls Of Jericho ...

FA franka at iinet.net.au
Sun Dec 16 01:40:30 GMT 2012

*The Walls Of Jericho ...

*

    _A school inspector is sent to assess a Year____4 class in a local
    Brisbane State School_...

    Heis introduced to the class by the teacher.

    **

    She says to the class, "Let's show the inspector just how clever
    you are by allowing himto ask you a question".
    The inspector reasons thatnormally class starts with religious
    instruction, so he will ask a biblical question.
    He asks: "Class, who broke down the walls ofJericho?"

    **

    For a full minute there is absolute silence.
    Eventually, little Billy raises his hand.

    Billy stands up and replies: "Sir, I do not know who broke down the
    walls ofJericho, but I can assure you it wasn't me".

    Of course the inspector is shocked by the answer and the lack of
    knowledge of the famous bible story and he looks at
    the teacher for an explanation.

    Realising that he is perturbed, the teacher says:

    "Well, I've known Billy since the start of the year, and I believe
    that if he says that he didn't do it then he didn't do it".

    **

    The inspector is even more shocked at this and storms down to
    the principal's office and tells him what happened, to which the
    principal replies: "I don't know the boy, but I believe his teacher.

    If she feels that the boy is innocent, then he must be innocent".

    The inspector can't believe what he is hearing.

    He grabs the phone on the principal's desk and in a rage, dials
    JuliaGillard and rattles off the entire occurrence to her and asks
    her what she thinks of the education standard in the State.

    The PM sighs heavily and replies:

    "I don't know the boy, the teacher or the principal, and never
    heard of the school, but just get three quotes and
    have the damn wall fixed!!"

No virus found in this message.

No virus found in this message.