[BITList] Noble rig.

X50type x50type at cox.net
Wed Dec 5 04:15:06 GMT 2012

Difficult to understand how 8 jack up motors could fail.............but having seen how noble do things, not surprising.

However, when I was involved with noble drilling they had a very dangerous method when jacking up of preloading all the legs simultaneously (the safe method is to preload each leg one by one) which would be very unpleasant when a punch through suddenly happened. This supposes they were jacking up in an area where punch throughs were possible/expected, such as the Gulf of Mexico.
We did not approve of their method and so only met them when they were preparing for long tows.

Ct

Sent from my iPad3