[BITList] yes, it's racism

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Sat Aug 25 13:44:50 BST 2012

Hugh
as far as I can ascertain romney’s team “sniffed that Obama would never sing “Land of Hope and Glory,” the ultimate British Empire glorification song.
Implying that Obama “wouldn’t sing” appears to mean that he was asked and refused, which is not he case.

A foreign policy team member was quoted as saying, “We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he [Romney] feels that the special relationship is special. The White House didn’t fully appreciate the shared history we have.”

It was clearly an ethnic slur aimed at Obama who does not have a drop of ethnic Anglo Saxon in him quite obviously. For “did not appreciate,” read, “Isn’t quite pro-Queen and Empire enough.” ABC news reported the comments as having “perceived racial undertones.”

The New York Times stated that it was an interview “in which an unnamed Romney adviser suggests that because Mr. Romney is white he has more in common with Britain than Mr. Obama does.”

It will also upset quite a few Irish Americans, especially in key states like Pennsylvania and Ohio, who will not be too pleased to see Mitt claim his British heritage quite so enthusiastically.

Why all the talk of anglo saxon values?
“Anglo-saxon values” is republican speak for Obama is black and we hate blacks, but look at us – we are truly white, whiter than the driven snow. White is good, black is bad.
I see Mrs. Mitt is pushing her ‘Welshness’ [grand father was Welsh]. She is one of the main speakers at the GOP convention in Tampa next week.
I am sure she and Mitt will be touting their “whiteness”, the implication being that we are the chosen race [how Joseph Goebells would love this] because we understand the USA better and we are genuine Americans – what the hell does a black guy know about it?
As far as republicans are concerned the election is not about the economy, etc. its about getting the black guy out.
If Obama is re-elected the republican opposition will again declare they are hell bent on thwarting Obama every step of the way. {Nice people – eh?]
Colin