[BITList] Chick-fil-A

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Wed Aug 1 19:32:01 BST 2012

pray, tell me why do some Americans think they are so righteous as to tell others how to live their lives? [yes, I’m looking at you Santorum, etc]

[the “I’m holier than thou” syndrome!   Is it that more folks have a direct line to God other than Pat Roberts?]

ct

      UPDATE 1-Same-sex marriage foes urge support for Chick-fil-A chain
        a.. b.. Link this

        c.. Share this

        d.. Digg
        e.. Email

        f.. PrintWed Aug 1, 2012 10:56pm IST

      (Adds details)

      By David Beasley

      Aug 1 (Reuters) - Two former Republican U.S. presidential candidates encouraged people to eat at Chick-fil-A on Wednesday to show support for the chain restaurant as it weathers criticism for its president's public opposition to gay marriage.

      Business was so brisk at one Chick-fil-A location in the company's corporate hometown of Atlanta that two employees directed traffic in the parking lot.

      Dubbing the effort "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day," conservative former candidates Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum said supporters would send a message about "traditional values" by eating a meal at one of the privately owned chain's more than 1,600 locations.

      "The goal is simple: Let's affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick-fil-A," Huckabee, a former Arkansas governor and current Fox News Channel personality, said on his website.

      Chick-fil-A, known for its chicken sandwiches and waffle fries and for being closed on Sundays, came under fire after its president, Dan Cathy, told an online religious newspaper that he supports "the biblical definition of the family unit" and that supporters of gay marriage were "arrogant."

      Gay marriage supporters have responded by calling for a boycott of the chain and seeking to block new Chick-fil-A outlets from opening. Same-sex couples around the country plan a kiss-in at Chick-fil-A restaurants on Friday.