[BITList] 'Major milestone' for new warship - Home News - UK - TheIndependent

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 9 21:31:54 BST 2012

Mike,

Big stuff, but Lithgows were doing it with ships as big some years back -
before houses were built where the yard used to be.  And they did it afloat,
with less media interest.

I read :
"The ships are being delivered by the Aircraft Carrier Alliance, a
partnership between BAE Systems, Thales UK, Babcock and the Ministry of
Defence."

The last vessel I worked on before I retired wasn't for an Alliance, but for
a consortium of Kvaerner, Boeing, and the Russian Space Agency.  I got sent
to the meetings and said "no problem" to any question. I had no mandate to
say anything, so I made it up as I went along.