[BITList] Are you smarter than a 60 year old?]

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 6 06:13:17 BST 2012

                *Are you smarter than a 60 year old? **

                **THIS WAS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT....THE ANSWERS WERE ON
                THE TIP OF MY TONGUE..I REMEMBERED, BUT
                ............DON'T LOOK BELOW FOR THE ANSWERS UNTIL YOU
                HAVE TRIED IT OUT A TEST FOR 'OLDER' KIDS **
                *I was picky who I sent this to. It had to be those who
                might actually remember. So have some fun my
                sharp-witted friends. This is a test for us 'older
                kids'! The answers are printed below, (after the
                questions) but don't cheat! answer them first.....*

                *01.After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off
                into the sunset, the grateful citizens *
                *would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone
                would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind.
                What did he leave behind?________________.***

                **02.When the Beatles first came to the U.S. .In early
                1964, we all watched them on The _______________ Show.**

                *03'Get your kicks, __________________.'*

                *04.'The story you are about to see is true. The names
                have been changed to *
                *___________________.'*

                *05.'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, *
                *________________.'*

                *06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi,
                we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we
                could go in a dance called the '_____________.'*

                *07.Nestle's makes the very best . .. . . _________
                ______.'*

                *08..Satchmo was America's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our
                parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us.
                His name was _________________.**

                *09.What takes a licking and keeps on ticking?
                _______________.**

                *10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named
                __________________ and Red always *
                *ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and
                '________ ________.. '*

                *11.Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so
                by burning their______________.*

                *12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and
                the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other
                names did it go by? ____________ &_______________.*

                *13.In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the
                day the music died.' This was a tribute to
                ___________________.*

                *14..We can remember the first satellite placed into
                orbit. The Russians did it. It was called
                ___________________.**

                *15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and **
                *60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around
                our waist. It was called the  ______________.*

                *ANSWERS :*
                *01..The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.*
                *02. The Ed Sullivan Show*
                *03. ON Route 66***
                **04. To protect the innocent.**
                *05. The Lion Sleeps Tonight*
                *06. The limbo*
                *07. Chocolate*
                *08. Louis Armstrong*
                *09. The Timex watch*
                *10. Freddy, The Freeloader and 'Good  Night  and God
                Bless.'*
                *11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as
                some have guessed)*
                *12. Beetle or Bug*
                *13. Buddy Holly*
                *14. Sputnik*
                *15. Hoola-hoop*

                *Send this to your 'older' friends, (Better known as
                Seniors.) It will drive them crazy! And keep them busy
                and let them forget their aches and pains for a few *
                *minutes.**