[BITList] ah- so now we know

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 2 16:29:14 BST 2012

Colin,

Sailing too fast .... for what?

No binoculars in crow's nest has been flogged to death - how do they know?

Radio message not passed on?  Source?

"Poorly cast wrought iron rivets"? I didn't know wrought iron could be cast.  There are wrought iron bridges still in good order.

Rivets "inserted by hand".  As opposed to what method?

If they must throw Titanic at us every five minutes, why don't they stick to the "human" angle based on real prople with nothing made up?  I managed to catch Episode 1 of Len Goodman's series on that theme, and I give him 11 out of 10.  It would have been 12 out of 10 had he not said she was launched by hydraulic jacks.