[BITList] And it is not the First of April!

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 23 09:36:25 BST 2011

This is terrible !!!  How do they know SPONGE BALLS will not suddenly become lethal.  Is there a standard for the softnosity of SPONGE BALLS? A too soft SPONGE BALL coming into contact with a particularly sharp head could easily in such circumstances totally envelop the head and cause immediate suffocation if not extreme discomfort, etc. These things should be banned.  Why not balloons?  I'll tell you why not.  A balloon could burst, resulting in an outrush of compressed air contaminated by the breath of whoever inflated it, not to mention a very loud noise of the type not usually heard in schools. If balloons are inflated by approved sterile means to moderate pressures, and the pupils are wearing properly fitted and approved design ear protectors, there should be only a minimal risk of injury, but further tests should take place before approval can be given.  In the meantime my children will stay at home in their padded bubbles.