[BITList] windows 8 saviour?

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 13 10:22:17 BST 2011

Colin,

My PC is fine and doesn't need saving from anything - and I'm looking for a 286, so there's a twist.  The war of the tablets leaves me cold, just like the wars of the expensive mobile phones, and all the other feverish gadget squabbles. None of it is of any use to me. I've 40 years research filed away in my PC and backup, and it's a big enough job keeping these two up to date with each other. I've a cheap mobile phone, and I might stretch to a laptop, but maybe not.  I leave it all behind (bar the phone) when I vacate this room and live another life.

Hugh.

PS  I got an email from a kind soul in Africa requesting my cooperation in the matter of transferring a few zillions of cash into my bank account.  They were good enough to attach a form for my details, including my religion. I told them I worshipped at the church of the constipated elephant.  Which is only natural, given my name is Donald Duck, aged 104.