[BITList] To pee or not to Pee

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 11 08:41:59 BST 2011

Hugh,
I would estimate that 98% of the jobs here require a pre-employment
medical and most include checks for drugs and alcohol, with the way
workers compensation insurance is set up the medical is used to set a
base line against which future claims can be judged. Having spent the
last 35 years working in the oil patch mostly offshore it came as a bit
of a surprise to me when I started work back in the system here but I
soon found that it doesn't keep the workplace drug free and the higher
the salary's paid the worse the incidents seem to get, I'm glad I'm
retired and out of it, But the road toll at the weekends show we are
losing the battle, and we have to use the same roads as these idiots,
unfortunately its big business and until we start to take it seriously
and adopt laws like Singapore has, its only going to get worse
frank