[BITList] ACMA - Do Not Call Register

Rarwc at aol.com Rarwc at aol.com
Fri Sep 9 08:56:58 BST 2011

Hugh - it's called the Telephone Preference Services in UK   (TPS).  Rab
joined us up last September after a really heavy concentration  of these
calls!  Haven't had much bother since apart from BT,AOL, etc.whom  you can't
really escape.  If one of these other companies calls, ask for  their name and
you can report it to TPS.   He did it on line - it  seems to be really easy,
but my friend doesn't have a computer and I gave her  the phone number so
she did it that way - and it worked!

Kind regards

Anne Collington

PS: It also helps to have an unlisted number!

PPS:  Hope you and Janet enjoy the Retired Members  Lunch.