[BITList] Fwd: MoD Sacks 920 Soldiers

John Feltham wulguru.wantok at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 03:55:39 BST 2011

Email not displaying?
	Unsubscribe

Competitions

We've got five copies of Greatest Commanders: Bill Slim to win.

Read the review by OldSnowy

New Reviews

YDS Boots
BCB Sleeping Mat
WPX Protector

Tasmanian Tiger 90L
Summit 40L Daysack
Merrel Chameleon

Book Reviews

Arnhem
Andy McNab : Dead Centre
Op Banner: NI 69-07

Camp Victory, Afghanistan
Afrika Reich
Bill Slim

Useful Links

Forums
Last 50 Posts
ARRSEpedia
Gallery

Military Discount Hotels

If you wish to be removed from the list then pse unsubscribe.

920 Soldiers Sacked

For the first time in almost 20 years, the Army has made peoplecompulsorily redundant.  The general view is that it seems to have been handled pretty well although there is still  uncertainty over thenext round due in January.

On the plus side, it would appear that the RAF Regiment will remain with us for the forseeable future!

In other news:

Tripoli Falls to the Rebels/Rats/Extremists
Another Labour MP heads to the clink
Telegraph website hacked
New ARRSE Shop

We've launched our own shop selling the sort of high quality clothing & equipment that we've seen being talked about in the forums.  To celebrate the launch of ThisTribe.com we're offering an exclusive 10% discount (plus FREE postage) to newsletter subscribers with the code 'arrse_sep11x'

Summit 40L Daysack

The eternal argument on daysacks, should you go for something larger so that you can get as much in as possible, but which also runs the risk of being used to carry rubbish that you don't need, or go for something smaller, which is easier to transport or carry in a bergan, but runs the risk of not being big enough to carry everything you need.
Book Festivals

Summer =  book festivals and we've sent an elite team of reviewers to scour the land for the best military history books for your delectation.  Why not remind yourself on the Chalke Valley Military History visit by Old_Fat_and_Hairy or Auld_Yin's two part epic on the Edinburgh International Book Festival (& his report on themilitary history section).

Top Threads of Last 7 Days

James Shortt Legal Threat
329 posts
Dale farm eviction notices served
286 posts
AE911Truth.org
266 posts
Defence Cuts: Gurkhas & RAF
222 posts
How the fatherland has changed
178 posts
National Defence Medal (NDM)
173 posts
Brother and sister in Lift sex
168 posts
Holy Grail of unseen tits?
130 posts
Bye Bye NHS?
128 posts
Scottish Tories admit defeat
126 posts
Police
118 posts
"Police Seize Stash Of Gangs' Guns"
117 posts
The biggest dickhead in Britain?
115 posts
On Ops everyday since 1942.
114 posts
"Aspiring Social Worker" escapes jail
102 posts
Vanessa Redgrave Told
96 posts
Whats this, any plane spotters in?
92 posts
Page Visits
90 posts
Somalia famine
87 posts
Accumulated Campaign Service Medal
84 posts
Hangover, bored and now scared.
81 posts
e-petition removal of wreck
80 posts
ARRSE - The Musical
79 posts
Do I qualify?
79 posts
Word Association Game II
77 posts
On Duty
76 posts
Immigration up by over 20%
71 posts
Land Rover finally lost the plot?
68 posts
Verdi's Requiem
67 posts
IRA fought apartheid
66 posts

 |  Contact Us  |  Advertise  |  Unsubscribe  |  Subscribe  |

Copyright (C) 2011 Olive Net Ltd
All rights reserved.