[BITList] QANTAS Lockout.

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Oct 29 12:43:20 BST 2011

G'day folks,

Yesterday my brother Michael was able to fly down to Brisbane to catch his Emirates flight back to the UK, after his six weeks holiday with Helma and I.

We expect him to arrive in Manchester this evening UK time.

The QANTAS CEO appears to lost his marbles. Locking the workforce out is a stupid idea.

Apparently this was planned well in advance, such that passengers caught out in overseas airports will be accommodated in hotels booked well in advance of the notice given today.

Yesterday at the QANTAS AGM the CEO voted himself a 71% pay rise. From 3 Million to 5 million A$.

The vote was carried by the votes of the Financial Institutions who have a large vested interest in high salaries and perks for management.