[BITList] more Halloween costume party; Oldie but Goodie

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Tue Oct 25 16:04:40 BST 2011

Hugh

as you know, capitalists take every opportunity to exploit anything to increase business and profit – and hallowe’en is no different, although I am not aware that there are now hallowe’en cards.
there is no ‘penny for the guy [guido] here – the 5th november is, as yet, unknown here. however, with the present political situation in the USA, where everyone except our leech-like politicians is/are totally pissed off with politicians, a guy fawkes like plot would meet with general approval.

depending on the location, trick or treating may be coming less popular. the reason is that certain insane and/or twisted elements in US society [and there are plenty] have been known to actually poison the treats –yes, really, thus making kids sick – apparently giving the perps amusement.............................

as to the use of the word ‘hallowe’en’ – that’s a pretty big word for the US, and who knows what it might mean? best not to use it.

ct