[BITList] BBC staff have been banned from having rubbish bins neartheir desks to stop them being "territorial and defensive". -Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 24 11:08:29 BST 2011

Mike,

Were I ever to be confronted by such a stupid rule, I'd make sure to study
every pissfarting bit of something on or near my desk (why does everybody
work at a desk nowadays?) to ascertain (a) what it is, (b) if it concerns
me, and (c) if "yes" to (b), should I do anything about it?  If (a) gives a
suitable answer, and unless it's "no" to (b), I'd pick it carefully up and
take it to a remote bin of my choice (not always the same one, since that
would be territorial, kind of), always mindful of the purpose of the
exercise, which is to get to know people while on my way.  I'd really get to
know them.