[BITList] Confessions of a Greenpeace Dropout

David Harvey bison at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 13 04:30:22 BST 2011

On my way back across the Nullarbor a few days ago I took the opportunity to
read this book, by Patrick Moore. Unlike John who drives across in a day and
a half it took me 11 days from Melbourne to Perth, much to see and do on the
trip.

I urge everyone out there to read this important book, it deals with the
whole of the present day debate on climate change and the environment.
Patrick contends we have more to fear from global cooling, which he says has
been happening for the last 12 years, than global warming. He addresses
chemicals, forestry, fishing and farming, nuclear and hydro energy against
unviable wind and solar, biodiversity and the scaremongering promoted by
Greenpeace and other green groups. He sates that if the glaciers are
melting, so what, read what he says. He further contends that the
biggest environmental challenge is poverty.

Once you,ve read it bring it to the attention of your local member.

Available from Amazon, Kindle edition is $9.99. Ther is a detailed preview
on Google by Bill Muehlenberg.

Dave