[BITList] Traditional blackberry picking under threat from councilofficials - Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 6 23:38:18 BST 2011

Indeed, Mike.  It's a while since we gathered brambles, but if the notion
took me again (and there are plenty around), asking anyone's permission
would come No 647 on the list of Things To Do Before Picking Brambles.
There are also blueberries, though these are hard to find, and the birds
usually get there first.  I've no idea if a Scottish great crested newt (or
whatever) exists, and if it eats brambles. It must be hell climbing up
through all the thorns, so good luck to it.