[BITList] Funny mail

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 6 15:33:11 BST 2011

Every so often (two in the last two days) I get messages telling me such and such an email could not be delivered due to, etc, etc. Some are simply Hugh typing the wrong address, but others are distinctly odd.  Typically, an email apparently from me, apparently to me, couldn't be delivered because, eg, I haven't got an email address, or my machine is not running.  All of this type contain some kind of low grade bug that my AV deposits in the virus vault, so the emails do arrive at my address - so who is it, same address as me, who is sending them?  Any ideas?

A variant on the above is where it's BT-Yahoo who intercept the emails and remove the bug. At such times nothing appears in my virus vault. The accompanying message from Yahoo tells me nothing.

My Av and Firewall are up to date, and my system is virus free.