[BITList] The Pope and The Oilfield Consultant

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 26 07:33:49 GMT 2011

*/_The Pope and The Oilfield Consultant_/*

**

**

*Pope John Paul dies of old age and finds himself at the gates of *

*Heaven at 0300. He knocks on the gate and a very sleepy-eyed *

*watchman opens the gate and asks, "Waddyah want?"*

**

*"I'm the recently deceased Pope and have done 68 years of godly *

*works and thought I should check in here."*

*The watchman checks his clipboard and says, "I ain't got no orders *

*for you here. Just bring your stuff in and we'll sort this out in *

*the morning." They go to an old WWII barracks, 3rd floor, open bay. *

**

*All the bottom racks are taken and all empty lockers have no doors. *

*The Pope stows his gear under a rack and climbs into an upper bunk.*

**

*The next morning he awakens to sounds of cheering and clapping. He *

*goes to the window and sees a flashy Jaguar convertible parading *

*down the clouds from the golden headquarters building. The cloud *

*walks are lined with saints and angels cheering and tossing *

*confetti. In the back seat sits a retired Oilfield Consultant,*

*a cigar in his mouth, a can of Bud Lite beer in one hand, *

*and his other arm around a voluptuous blonde Angel with magnificent
halos.*

**

*This sight disturbs the Pope and he runs downstairs to the main gate and *

*says to St. Peter, "Hey, what gives? You put me, the Pope with *

*68 years of godly deeds, in an open bay barracks, while this Oilfield
Consultant, *

*who must've committed every sin known and unknown to man is *

*staying in a mansion on the hill and getting a hero's welcome. How *

*can this be?"*

**

*The Master at Arms calmly looks up and says, "Hey, we get a Pope up *

*here every 20 or 30 years, but we've never had an Oilfield Consultant
before***

---