[BITList] Google Chromebooks: be gone

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Wed Nov 23 13:44:27 GMT 2011

not to worry [you were not worrying, were you?], Hugh

the Dixon’s guy is wishful thinking that 1 in 10 will be a chromebook – yeah, right.
chromebook is just another choice, but at that price it ain’t going far imho.
google introduced chromebook this summer and I have heard little about it since.

A regular Chromebook is not specifically a strong computer. The features offered by Chromebook includes 16 GB of SSD storage and a meager 2 GB of RAM and it may cost as high as $429. Talking about the entry level model, which offers pretty much the similar specifications, but drops the 3G support, which makes it a perquisite to have a Wi-fi connection on the Chromebook. It is available for just $299. However it still makes the Chromebook a $100 more expensive than the Amazon Kindle Fire which is available at $199 and $50 more expensive than the Barnes and Noble Nook which can be obtained at a some of $249. Although iPad still costs $499.

if folks want to ‘keep in touch/communicate, etc.’,  this week Amazon is selling the latest really neat, top-of-the-line smart phones from samsung, nokia  and others [via at&t, verizon] for 1 cent!

take that google.

ct