[BITList] The way we are.

M & E. HENDERSON. malcena2 at uwclub.net
Sun Nov 13 16:15:13 GMT 2011

THE PROMISED LAND

Over five thousand years ago Moses said to

the children of Israel , "Pick up your shovel,

mount your asses and camels, and I will

lead you to the promised land."

Nearly 50 years ago, Harold Wilson said,

"Lay down your shovels, sit on your asses,

and light up a camel, this is the promised land."

Then Gordon Brown stole your shovel, taxed

your asses, raised the price of camels,

and mortgaged the promised land.

Now David Cameron has loaned my

shovel to a third World country,

(he hasn't realised yet that WE are

now a third World country), raised

my fuel bills, lent my money to a crowd

of incompetent, greedy "merchant bankers"

and increased Vat to 20%.

I am so depressed last night I called

the Samaritans, they diverted my call

to a call centre in Pakistan .

When I told them I was suicidal, they got all excited and asked if I could
drive a truck.