[BITList] Facts on Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 2 06:49:29 GMT 2011

*A different spin, can only think the banks were pissed off because they
weren't getting a big enough share
* frank

    *Zimmetro* — The media has successfully painted Gaddafi as a
    hard-core dictator, tyrant whatever you want to call him. However,
    the media as usual has also failed to show the kind, giving Gaddafi
    we never heard of. Gaddafi unlike most dictators I will refrain from
    naming them has managed to show his humane side, the very side we
    dream of seeing in other dictators who just talk and talk.
    I consider Libyans lucky to a certain extent and one wonders with
    the new democratic rule they cry for will it improve or worsen life
    for them. Yes, Gaddafi has spent millions of Libya`s money on
    personal ventures but is the average Libyan poor? We know others who
    take a country and destroy it until you feel like there is no hope
    of restoring this country… looting some prefer to call it. Did
    Gaddafi loot Libya in any way? Now let us get to the unknown facts
    about the Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi: Description:
    _2_083768F0083766840023E132422579121. There is *no electricity bill*
    in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.
    2. There is *no interest on loans*, banks in Libya are state-owned
    and loans given to all its citizens at 0% interest by law.
    3. *Home* considered a human right in Libya – Gaddafi vowed that his
    parents would not get a house until everyone in Libya had a home.
    Gaddafi’s father has died while him, his wife and his mother are
    still living in a tent.
    4. All newlyweds in Libya receive *$60,000 Dinar* (US$50,000) by the
    government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the
    family. Description: _2_08377414083771A80023E13242257912*
    Traditional wedding in Tripoli, Libya* 5. Education and medical
    treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25% of Libyans are
    literate. Today the figure is 83%.
    6. Should Libyans want to take up *farming* career, they would
    receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and
    livestock to kick-start their farms – all for free.
    7. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they
    need in Libya, the government funds them to *go abroad* for it – not
    only free but they get US$2,300/mth accommodation and car allowance.
    8. In Libyan, if a Libyan buys a *car*, the government subsidized
    50% of the price.
    9. The price of *petrol* in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
    10. Libya has *no external debt* and its reserves amount to $150
    billion – now frozen globally. Description:
    _2_083781F408377F880023E13242257912*
    Great Man-Made River project in Libya… $27 billion* 11. If a Libyan
    is unable to get *employment* after graduation the state would pay
    the average salary of the profession as if he or she is employed
    until employment is found.
    12. A portion of Libyan *oil sale* is, credited directly to the bank
    accounts of all Libyan citizens.
    13. A mother who *gave birth* to a child receive US$5,000
    14. 40 loaves of *bread* in Libya costs $ 0.15
    15. 25% of Libyans have a *university degree*
    16. Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest *irrigation* project,
    known as the Great Man-Made River project, to make water readily
    available throughout the desert country.
    Which other dictator has done much good to his people besides