[BITList] Iranian Airspace.

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Tue May 31 11:01:42 BST 2011

        *_Iranian Airspace._*

        In addition to communicating with the local Air Traffic Control
        facility, all aircraft in the Persian Gulf AOR are required to
        give the Iranian Air Defense Radar (military) a ten minute
        'heads up' if they will be transiting Iranian airspace.

        The following conversation was heard on the VHF Guard
        (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz.

        *Iranian Air Defense Radar:**'Unknown aircraft you are in
        Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'*
        *Aircraft*:*'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi
        airspace.'*
        *Air Defense Radar:**'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not
        depart our airspace* *
        we will launchinterceptor aircraft!'*
        *Aircraft:**'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter.
        Send 'em up, I'll wait.'*
        *Air Defense Radar:*(total silence)

        *WARMS THE HEART..!     "SEMPER FIDELIS...!"**(Latin for "Always
        Faithful")*