[BITList] modern English as she are spoked

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Sun May 29 21:51:30 BST 2011

from a friend of mine.
ct

Subject: Re: modern English as she are spoked

I had dinner guests last week and one of them commented to me that "irregardles" was now actually a word and in common usage and considered acceptable.  To this I could only reply that indeed this must be the case in the company of bufoons.  Actually, I witnessed a TV interview of a Fortune 500 top exec who used that word a couple of times during the interview.  So either I am misquided or his parents did not get their money's worth from his ivy league education.