[BITList] fruit

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Wed May 18 00:45:42 BST 2011

Hugh,
We normally get fruit the way you describe, but this year for some
unknown reason everything has tasted and felt the way it should, and a
whole lot cheaper, I don't know where the fruit has come from as the
eastern states where flooded as were our fruit growing areas up north,
cant have come from china as it was winter there, things like cherry's
which are only around for a few weeks at Xmas and are prohibitively
expensive were less than a 1/6th of previous years prices. Its all very
strange maybe they came from New Zealand but where ever they sourced
this years fruit I hope we continue to buy from them It must have been a
country that hasn't got round to all of the so called modern marketing
methods yet
frank