[BITList] Cab driver banned from displaying 'phallic' cross -Telegraph

HUGH chakdara at btinternet.com
Fri May 13 08:40:08 BST 2011

Mike,

What utter bullshit.  And while we're at it, what does this mean?  "In regard to this case, it is clear that City of York council had to respond to the complaint of what is probably a rather over-imaginative schoolboy, as safeguarding issues are given priority."  So, I ask, WTF is a "safeguarding issue", especially in the context of small plastic/glass cross-shaped objects.  And - "had to respond"????