[BITList] Voting Rights for UK Citizens living abroad - Monday 9 May 2011, 8.00 pm, Room WS2 House of Commons

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Thu May 5 13:40:13 BST 2011

Begin forwarded message:

From: jlan4043 at bigpond.net.au
To: petermorriscpa at gmail.com; warren.ann at skymesh.net.au; jimbarmather at activ8.net.au; brian.e.havard at gmail.com; yeomanoz at gmail.com; pranced at optusnet.com.au; dian_elvin at hotmail.com; jstoner at internode.on.net; rainbowfarmau at yahoo.com.au
Subject: Re: Trans. : : Voting Rights for UK Citizens living abroad - Monday 9 May 2011, 8.00 pm, Room WS2 House of Commons
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 13:32:32 +1000

I assume that it is a foregone conclusion that people living in another EU state will receive the vote with the main challenge remaining in how the UK Government ensures that they arrange matters so that votes will be received on time so they will count.  However I am uncertain that expats outside the EU will receive the same rights. I realise that this is an ECHR case but much of the discussion seems to relate to the EU.

Richard