[BITList] warm and fuzzy

x50type at cox.net x50type at cox.net
Wed Mar 30 00:55:12 BST 2011

Subject: warm and fuzzy

I’m sure this makes US tax-payers feel warm and fuzzy knowing that we are helping a band of libyans whose loyalty we have absolutely no idea about?
could it be that al qaida, hezbollah and others are getting into the act – supposedly helping the “population”?
sure it’s premature, we are nowhere near the billion dollars + per month running afghanistan is costing us.
I don’t understand why there are cuts to be made across the board on the US home front – but no shortage when it comes to interfering in other countries business.
it’s a moral duty.........eh?
will the US ever shut-the-fuck up?
ct

NATO commander: It is 'premature' to talk of Libya exit strategy
On the eve of the transfer of Libya command from the US to NATO, NATO's Supreme Allied Commander James Stavridis faced tough questioning from the Senate Armed Services Committee.

  a..
Adm. James G. Stavridis, NATO's supreme allied commander, shown here in a 2009 file photo, testified Tuesday before the Senate Armed Services Committee hearing on the U.S. mission in Libya.

Miguel Angel Alvarez / Notimex / Newscom / File

Enlarge
0Share
By Anna Mulrine, Staff writer / March 29, 2011

Washington
NATO's Supreme Allied Commander James Stavridis testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee on Tuesday that the military alliance will take over full operations of the current campaign there, including the protection of civilians, in the next 48 hours.