[BITList] The arrogance of authority

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 20 00:03:39 GMT 2011

    *Subject: The arrogance of authority*

    *_The Arrogance of Authority_*

    cid:1.2058714744 at web55206.mail.re4.yahoo.com

    *A DEA officer stopped at a ranch in Texas , and talked with an old
    rancher.*
    *He told the rancher,/"I need to inspect your ranch for illegally
    grown drugs."/*

    */The rancher said, "Okay , but don't go in that field over
    there.....", as he pointed out the location.

    The DEA officer verbally exploded saying, " Mister, I have the
    authority of the Federal Government with me !"/*

    */Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removed his badge and
    proudly displayed it to the rancher./*
    */"See this badge?!  This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I
    wish.... On_any_land !!/*
    */No questions asked or answers given!!  Have I made myself
    clear......do you understand ?!!"/*

    *The rancher nodded politely, apologized, and went about his chores.
    A short time later, the old rancher heard loud screams, looked up,*
    *and saw the DEA officer running for his life,*
    *being chased by the rancher's big Santa Gertrudis bull......*

    cid:2.2058714745 at web55206.mail.re4.yahoo.com

    *With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it
    seemed likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached
    safety.  The officer was clearly terrified.*
    *The rancher threw down his tools, ran to the fence and yelled at
    the top of his lungs.....

    (I just_love_this part....)*
    */
    "Your badge, show him your BADGE........ ! !"/*