[BITList] Clydebank blitz

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Tue Mar 15 00:36:56 GMT 2011

G'day Hugh,

On 15/03/2011, at 6:12 AM, HUGH wrote:

> Clydebank is one of the places in the UK that usually come under the "and other towns"
> heading, when the history of the bombing of the UK is discussed.

I think that Hull, E. Yorks would be in the same heading.

I don't recall how many houses that my parents lived in, in Hull that were damaged in some way or another. Mike may have a bit to add to this.

I do recall going with my Dad when I was around 18 yrs old, to Fenners head office in Marfleet, which is a suburb of Hull.

He took me into the managers office to show me something. Hanging on the wall was a large scale map of Hull and the dock area where Fenners was. The map was written in German and all the factories etc were clearly marked for being what they were. Including Fenners.