[BITList] Wit of the Scots

franka franka at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 14 15:35:41 GMT 2011

    *An elderly Scottish Jew has decided to take it a little easier and
    take up
    golf. So he puts his name down at the local club.
    After a week he receives a message that his application has been turned
    down. So he goes down to the club to enquire why.

    Secretary: You are aware that this is a Scottish golf club?

    Scot: Aye but I am as Scottish as you are Jock.

    Secretary: This means that on formal occasions we wear kilts.

    Scot: Aye, so do I.

    Secretary: You are aware that we wear nothing under our kilts?

    Scot: Aye, neither do I.

    Secretary: But you are a Jew?

    Scot: Aye, I be that.

    Secretary: So you are circumcised?

    Scot: Aye, I be that too.

    Secretary: I am terribly sorry, but the members just would not feel
    comfortable with that.

    Scot: Ach, away with ya man. I know that you have to be a Protestant to
    march with the Orangemen.
    And I know that you have to be a Catholic to become a Knight of Saint
    Columbus. But this is the first time I heard that you have to be a
    complete
    prick to join a golf club.*