[BITList] BBC News - ZX81: Small black box of computing desire

John Feltham wantok at me.com
Sat Mar 12 13:35:20 GMT 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12703674

When I was working in Papua New Guinea in 1982, I bought the next model out called a "ZX Spectrum" It had a huge increase in memory over the ZX 81.

All of 48 Kb. Of that, 32 Kb was used to drive your TV as no monitor came with the machine.

Sir Clive Sinclair was/is a brilliant man I have quite a few stories of how he made his computers so cheap compared to the competition.

See also...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Research

I still have my ZX Spectrum and it worked, the last time that I tried it out.